- School & Youth
- Get Involved
This is the first of two volumes of photographs illustrating the restoration of the Dole-Little House in Newbury, Massachusetts. There are two copies of this volume. The photographs are well-annotated, pointing out specific structural details exposed in the course of restoration. The photographs were taken by Peter Zaharis of Ipswich, Massachusetts.
historic house museums (buildings)
Album Number 20, Vol. 1
Negative Numbers Z-55525 to Z-55607
1 photograph album (2 copies); 10 x 10.5 inches
Photograph albums collection
Bequest of Mrs. George H. Bushee, 1975.
Newbury (Essex county, Massachusetts)
Zaharis, Peter (Photographer)
Bushee, Florence Evans, d. 1975
Florence Bushee acquired the Dole-Little House in 1954, shortly after which she undertook the estensive restoration documented in these albums. Historic New England (then the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities) acquired the house as a bequest upon the death of Mrs. Bushee in 1975.