Open House: Tour for free on June 1
Apr 17, 2019
Most Historic New England museums are open for free on Saturday, June 1, during our annual Open House.
From the Colonial to the Modern, explore urban mansions, lavish country estates, and working farms during free guided tours at Historic New England’s house museums.
Share your experience by tagging #HistoricNewEngland on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Museums participating in Historic New England’s 2019 Open House:
Unless otherwise noted, houses open at 11:00 a.m. and the last tour begins at 4:00 p.m. All tours are first-come, first-served.
- Coffin House, Newbury
- Cogswell’s Grant, Essex
- Dole-Little House, Newbury, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Eustis Estate, Milton, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Gedney House, Salem, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Gropius House, Lincoln (pictured, top)
- Lyman Estate, Waltham, tours at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., noon
- Merwin House, Stockbridge
- Otis House, Boston
- Phillips House, Salem
- Quincy House, Quincy
- Rocky Hill Meeting House, Amesbury, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm, Newbury
- Swett-Ilsley House, Newbury, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Winslow Crocker House, Yarmouth Port
Please note: Cooper-Frost-Austin House and Pierce House are not open on June 1 this year.