Support your passion by donating to a Historic New England project
Dec 20, 2018
Select a designated fund to help save and share New England’s past
From preservation of buildings and landscapes, to conservation and digitization of unique collections, Historic New England is working to save the things that make our region special. As the end of the year approaches, we ask you to support one of the following projects. We need your help to ensure that this mission-critical work can happen:
- Raise the roof: With 284,228 square feet of roofs on 160 buildings, maintenance is never ending. Support critical room repair projects at ten historic sites in three states.
- Preserve and repair the Hamilton House Gardens: The stone-walled cottage garden at Hamilton House in South Berwick, Maine, is a jewel of the Seacoast Region. Help support preservation of the garden and repair stairs on the cottage, which serves as a visitor center.
- Share Cape Cod houses: Architect Royal Barry Wills was known for his mastery of the Cape Cod House. Help us digitize the more than 11,000 items in this amazing collection.
- Keep bugs at bay: Pest infestation is one of the greatest threats to museum collections. Help Historic New England, a recognized leader in innovative solutions to Integrated Pest Management, develop and share IPM research and practical solutions.
- Celebrate the Bauhaus Centennial: Help us complete a $100,000 beautification and preservation project at Walter Gropius House in Lincoln, Massachusetts, and make our most internationally celebrated museum look its best for the Bauhaus 100 celebration in 2019.
- Save the trees: Historic New England’s preventive approach to tree maintenance helps mitigate damage from wind, rain, and snowstorms. This year we’re raising $114,000 for tree care across our 1,292 acres of land.
- Support Casey Farm: Help preserve three well-used barns and repair sections of the more than ten miles of dry-laid stone walls at Casey Farm, Historic New England’s most-visited property.
- Donate to Historic New England’s latest book: Everything for the Garden is the next edition in our popular book series. Donate $100 or more before press time to have your name listed in the book.