- School & Youth
- Get Involved
The house on the property is a small gambrel-roof, Cape-style building built by or for Recompense Magoun c. 1738. The property sits on almost four acres of woodland and meadow in historic East Pembroke Village.
The easement protects the landscape as well as interior and exterior building details, including the framing, plaster, eighteenth-century paneled walls and other woodwork, chimneys, early hardware, fireplaces, and the windows of the main house. The property also preserves several aspects of local history. One of the barns on the grounds once served as the East Pembroke Fire Station and the former East Pembroke Post Office, with its old brass post office boxes is still on site.
This is the 107th property protected by Historic New England’s Preservation Easement Program and the first property protected through the program in Pembroke.