- School & Youth
- Get Involved
Handwritten letter dated April 14, 1918 from Charles S. Stedman, president of the University Club (Albany, NY), to Edwin Ford thanking Ford for his work in designing and furnishing the Paul Babcock Munson Memorial Room at the University Club. The stationery bears the letterhead of the Club.
1 letter (7 3/4 x 9 1/2 inches)
Irving and Casson - A. H. Davenport -- Collection II
Edwin Ford (1861-?) was a Boston-based artist and business person who spent part of his career associated with A. H. Davenport Co. Boston city directories from 1890 to 1897 show him and partner Frederick Brooks as the operators of a stained glass manufacturing concern, Ford & Brooks, located on Boylston Street. By 1899, the directory shows him first as a salesman at A. H. Davenport Co. and secondly as the operator of Ford & Brooks. This description continued through the 1904 directory. Ford and Brooks ceased operations by 1905. The 1906, 1907 and 1909 directories list him as "decorative artist" at 96 Washington St., the location of A. H. Davenport Co. The four directories dating from 1911 through 1914 list him as either "manager" or "general manager" at this same address. The 1915 directory shows no occupation for Mr. Ford; 1917 and 1922 directories were similarly blank. It may be that his employment with A. H. Davenport Co.terminated upon its ca. 1914 merger with Irving and Casson.