Drawing of St. Anthony's Parish Buildings, Revere, Mass., undated

Collection Type

  • Architecture

Date

undated

GUSN

GUSN-311140

You can find this within

Browse Collection

Description

This perspective drawing in pencil depicts the buidlings comprising of the St. Anthony Parish in Revere, Mass. The largest building is the main church, with a large, bulls-eye window and an arched entryway. It also features a cross as a finial. A smaller building is to its side and looks like a house, including a chimney and 5 bays.

Details

Descriptive Terms

two-point perspectives (perspective views)
windows
finials
parish churches (buildings)
two-point perspectives (perspective views)

Physical Description

23'' X 13'', presentation drawing in pencil

Collection Code

AR001

Collection Name

General architectural and cartographic collection

Date of Acquisition

19-April-2004

Reference Code

AR001.USMA.1025.001

Acquisition Type

Gift

Credit Line

This was donated by James O'Gorman and Earle Shettleworth on 19-April-2004.

Places

Revere (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)

Record Details

Originator

Stephenson, Ben (Artist)

Material Type

two-point perspectives (perspective views)

Other People

Stephenson, Ben
Guarino, John

Subjects

Architecture

Description Level

Item

Historical/Biographical Note

Historical/Biographical Note

St. Anthony's Parish Church began as the Saint Anthony of Padua church in 1906. Its location was on the spot of the Parish's current garden. In 1924, a new church began construction under Fr. Rovai. The church was completed in 1926 under Fr. Guido Pallotta, who retired in 1975.

John Guarino, AIA, was the architect. He practiced in East Boston, beginning in 1923.

Sources:
http://public.aia.org/sites/hdoaa/wiki/American%20Architects%20Directories/1956%20American%20Architects%20Directory/Bowker_1956_G.pdf

http://www.saintanthonysrevere.com/ourchurch.html