- School & Youth
- Get Involved
Square, black and white tile with printed design of three dogs in forest with trees enclosed in Rococo border.
"This tile is one of a number brought from Russia by Captain Isaac Smith about the year 1760 and placed around fireplaced at his home in Malden where they remained fore more than 100 years or until the house was demolished. The is tile came into possession of Mrs. S. Clapp (nee Smith) a grandaughter, and by her presented to her nephew Isaac Smith Pear of Cambridge January 26, 1890."
5 x 5 x 1/4 (HxWxD) (inches)
Gift of Mrs. George T. Cobb
Probably Liverpool (Liverpool urban district, Merseyside, England, United Kingdom)