- School & Youth
- Get Involved
Rectangular overhanging top; shaped and carved apron with carved bootjack ends; painted dark green and decorated in yellow with a pinstripe reserve enclosing leafy vine and the inscription "Frances Jane Fernald" upon the top; the front side apron is carved with pinwheels and hearts, heightened with yellow and inscribed "Mary and Andrew 1803."; the ends are carved with pinwheel devices.
Painted at the top: ""Frances Jane/ Fernald"" Painted at the side: ""Mary and/Andrew""
Original to Cogswell's Grant (Essex, Mass.),
6.25 x 13.75 x 5.875 (HxWxD) (inches)
Gift of Bertram K. and Nina Fletcher Little