- School & Youth
- Get Involved
Large brick house surrounded by wrought iron fence; several figures, mainly women and children, pose in front on steps, balconies and sidewalk.
albumen (egg white)
Handwritten on verso: ""The Temporary Home for the/ Destitute--began work in 1847/ Moved in 1870 from 24 Kneeland/ Street to 1 Pine Place where this/ photograph was taken--/ Moved in 1884 to 46 Worcester/ Street where the name was changed/ to Gwynne Home for Destitute Children/ Ended work in 1914--/ Mrs. Gwynne is seen in the photograph./ Gift of Mrs. G.S. curtis/ 24 May 1920"" Printed on recto: ""A.H. Folsom. Photographer/ Office, 34 Bromfield St., Boston.""
The Temporary Home for the Destitute
16.25 x 19.25 (HxW) (inches)
Gift of Miss Margaret Curtis