Exterior view of the Pearl House, West Boxford, Mass., undated

Description

The verso description reads "House at West Boxford, Essex Co., Mass. 240 years old, been occupied by Pearl Family for 164 years. Used for a Garrison House, built with brick 10' high inside boards, has a brick compartment in one corner without windows, probably for refuge."

Details

Descriptive Terms

exterior views
houses
dwellings
black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs

Physical Description

1 photographic print, mounted

Collection Code

PC001

Collection Name

General photographic collection

Reference Code

PC001.02.01.TMP.013

Credit Line

Gift of Capt. W.B. Clarke, 23 Sept. 1922.

Places

West Boxford (Essex county, Massachusetts)

Record Details

Material Type

black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs

Subjects

Architectural photography

Description Level

Item