Orange-Lincoln House

Description

"This building stands at the corner of Salem and North Bennett Streets. It was built by Robert Orange, about 1716, and he kept it as a tavern until his death, in 1734. It, after changing hands several times, became the property of Noah Lincoln, who lived here until his death, in 1856. Since that time it has undergone many changes and alterations; but the old paneled chimneys still remain." From "Homes of Our Forefathers in Boston, Old England and Boston, New England" by Edwin Whitefield, 1889.

Details

Descriptive Terms

houses
exterior views
prints (visual works)
color lithographs

Additional Identification Number

Prints and Engravings Collection Number PR182

Physical Description

1 color lithograph

Collection Code

GC002

Collection Name

Prints and engravings collection, 1830s-1920s

Reference Code

GC002.01.MA.2950.002

Image Dimensions

9.5 x 8.75 (HxW)(inches)

Places

Boston (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)

Record Details

Originator

Whitefield, Edwin, 1816-1892 (Author)

Material Type

prints (visual works)
color lithographs

Subjects

Salem Street (Boston, Mass.)

Restrictions

Good

Description Level

Item

Location Note

Prints: Boston, Ma.: Salem St.: Christ Church & Wells Adams Hs.