View of the remains of the Province House, Washington Street, Boston, Mass., 1922

Description

The remains of the Province House are seen with the steeple of the Old South Church in the background. Province House was built as a private residence in 1679 and later became the seat of the royal governors of Massachusetts.

Details

Descriptive Terms

exterior views
houses
dwellings
churches (buildings)
governors
photographs
black-and-white prints (photographs)

Additional Identification Number

DigitalID 001701
AccessID 3644
Other identifier HNEDID-001701

Physical Description

1 photographic print : black-and-white

Collection Code

PC001

Collection Name

General photographic collection

Reference Code

PC001.02.01.USMA.0340.8840.002

Places

Boston (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)

Record Details

Originator

Appleton, William Sumner, 1874-1947 (Photographer)

Material Type

photographs
black-and-white prints (photographs)

Subjects

Washington Street (Boston, Mass.)
Province Court (Boston, Mass.)

Description Level

Item

Location Note

Geographic / Mass. / Boston / Washington St.: School to Water