Burgess and Lang Buildings, Haverhill, Mass.

Collection Type

  • Photography

GUSN

GUSN-195405

You can find this within

Browse Collection

Description

An exterior view from across Essex Street of the front and side façades of the Burgess Building (on the right) and Lang Building (on the left) in Haverhill, Massachusetts. Charles Willis Damon, a prominent architect in Haverhill, built the two eight-story buildings, which were the largest concrete shoe factories in the world at that time, for bankers William H. Burgess amd Howard W. Lang of Boston.

Details

Descriptive Terms

factories (structures)
concrete
shoes (footwear)
exterior views
industrial buildings
footwear
picture postcards
photomechanical prints
photographs

Additional Identification Number

DigitalID 000496
AccessID 747
Other identifier HNEDID-000496

Physical Description

1 postcard

Collection Code

PC001

Collection Name

General photographic collection

Reference Code

PC001.03.01.TMP.079

Date Notes

ca. 1917

Places

Haverhill (Essex county, Massachusetts)

Record Details

Material Type

picture postcards
photomechanical prints
photographs

Other People

Burgess, William H.
Lang, Howard W.

Other Organizations

Burgess, Lang & Co.
Knights-Allen Company
United Shoe Machinery Company

Subjects

Burgess Building (Haverhill, Mass.)
Essex Street (Haverhill, Mass.)

Description Level

Item