- School & Youth
- Get Involved
Plan book of William G. Shillaber's properties in Boston, Newton, Cambridge, Peabody, and Brighton. Plan book with photographs and surveys of properties as well as account sheets, deeds, and newspaper articles about real estate, land values, taxes, building methods, and Boston neighborhoods. Account sheets show costs for repairs, taxes, insurance, rent, water, and gas. References to properties indicate they were owned by William G. Shillaber or members of his family. Information dates from 1866-1924.
Newspaper clipping in front of album notes that all plans made by Alexander Wadsworth have been moved to the office of Ernest Bowditch - Feb 1895. Also attached to inside front cover is a clipping about the sale of stock in 50 Associates, dated October 25, 1894.
The book contains information on 19 properties, most with photographs and land surveys. Survey plans include those by Alexander Wadsworth, J. W. Morrison, J. E. Fuller, Smilie & Sanborn, Chas. A. Pearson, W. A. Williams, and W. A. Mason.
Other identifier 129
1 account book
Account books collection
1. 53-61 Court Street. Photograph with survey by Alex. Wadsworth, October 21, 1869. 61 Court Street is where William Shillaber. According to The Book of Boston, "The estate, 61 Court Street, where his office is, has been in the family since 1783, and Mr. Shillaber is of the fifth generation to occupy the premises."
Folder # 1 with schedule of assessments to Daniel Shillaber, November 20, 1871. Copy of deed 1816 and land survey.
2. 49 & 51 Court Street. Photograph with survey by Alex. Wadsworth, February 28, 1874.
3. 5 houses. 1, 1 1/2, 3, 5, 7, 9, & 11 Pinckney Place. Photograph with survey by J. W. Morrison, October 11, 1892.
Folder #2 - Newspaper article about houses on Pinckney Place and snapshot 2 x 4 inches.
4. David Shillaber's House. # 12 Crescent Place. Photograph with survey (no dates).
5. Brighton - house on corner of Washington & Tremont. Photograph with survey by J. W. Morrison, January 3, 1892.
Folder # 3 - newspaper clippings on Historic Brighton dated April 16 & 23, 1898.
6. House on Washington Street & Nonantum, probably Newton. Photograph & survey.
7. 131 West Chester Park, Boston. Now 454 Mass Avenue. Photograph with survey by J. E. Fuller, July 12, 1866.
Folder #4 - Memorandum to the title to the property. A list of land transfers by dates.
8. 275 Beacon Street. Photograph with survey by J. W. Morrison. October 25, 1892.
Folder #5 - Two photographs. Sheet regarding titles to the property from 1874-1892 to Caroline Shillaber. The Book of Boston, 1916, notes that William Shillaber lived at this address.
9. C. P. S. House. [Caroline Patten Shillaber] 339 Beacon Street. Photograph only. No survey.
Folder # 6 - two copies of photograph.
10. Thos. Potter's house - Crescent Place. Photograph only.
11. 72 & 74 Shawmut Avenue. Photograph. No survey.
12. John Shillaber house. 170 Lynn Street, Peabody. No survey.
13. David Shillaber House, Salem Street, Boston. No survey.
14. Hotels Sharon and Wilson. E. Newton & Harrison Avenue. 2 photographs and survey by Smilie & Sanborn, April 1874.
Folder # 7 - Photographs and account sheets for the two hotels.
15. T. H. Seavey Estate. Nos. 7 1/2, 9, 9 1/2, & 11 Leverett Street. Photograph with land survey by Chas. A. Pearson dated October 9, 1903. William Shillaber worked for T. H. Seavey at the Rumford Chemical Works.
Folder # 8 - 2 photographs and account sheets.
16. T. H. Seavey Estate. Nos. 8 & 10 Leverett Street. Photograph. No survey.
Folder # 9 - two photographs and account sheets.
17. T. H. Seavey House. 6, 8, 10 & 12 Mason Street, Cambridge. Photograph with survey by W. A. Williams, January 10, 1888.
Folder #10 with photograph.
18. T. H. Seavey house, Holyoke Street, Cambridge. Photograph with survey by W. A. Mason, 1868.
Folder # 11 - 2 photographs
19. T. H. Seavey - 98, 100 & 102 Putnam Avenue, Cambridge. Photograph with survey - no date.
Folder # 12 - 2 photographs
Folder # 13 - Account sheets for several properties - Hotel Sharon & Wilson, 8 &10 Leverett Street dating from 1920-1924.
Folder # 14
i-360\li1140New Scollay Building Trust - prospectus for bonds March 1, 1914.
i-360\li1140Newspaper Clippings on real estate trust stocks, land values in Boston, building development, taxpayers and old Boston properties
Biography of William G. Shillaber
History of Lease of 83 & 85 Cornhill