- School & Youth
- Get Involved
Armorial porcelain saucer with a painted polychrome coat-of-arms consisting of a shield with a rearing lion in center, above is a man holding a rod, and abover and below are pink banners with Latin inscription. Monogram, "WS" in gold script below. Blue and gold bands around the interior rim.
armorial (porcelain style)
"c. 1790 / Arms of / Spence" (handwritten)
"VIRTUS / QUEM DEUS CONSERVAT / WS"
Original to Phillips House (Salem, Mass.),
The Century House (Dealer)
1 1/4 (H), 5 3/8 (diameter) (inches)
Gift of the Stephen Phillips Memorial Charitable Trust for Historic Preservation
Title Armorial teacup Accession Number 2006.44.1849.1