Exterior view of Tebo's Mill, Enfield, Mass., undated

Collection Type

  • Photography

GUSN

GUSN-170179

Description

Tebo's Mill in Enfield, Massachusetts produced woolen goods. In order to create the Quabbin Reservoir, the state government disincorporated four towns on April 28, 1938, including Enfield. The reservoir was filled to capacity for the first time on June 22, 1946.

Details

Descriptive Terms

exterior views
woolen mills
front views
industrial buildings
black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs

Inscription

Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities 141 Cambridge Street Boston, Mass. Photographic Dept. (stamped)

Physical Description

1 photographic print : black-and-white ; 5 x 7 inches

Collection Code

PC001

Collection Name

General photographic collection

Reference Code

PC001.02.01.USMA.0930.0010.001

Image Dimensions

5 x 7 (HxW)(inches)

Places

Enfield (Hampshire County, Massachusetts) [deserted settlement]

Record Details

Material Type

black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs

Subjects

Architectural photography

Publications Referencing This Collection

//
.

Description Level

Item

Accruals Note


Language Note


Related Items


Historical/Biographical Note

Sources


Peirce, Elizabeth. "The Lost Towns of the Quabbin Valley", p. 40.
University of Massachusetts at Amherst Library, Special Collections Department, http://www.library.umass.edu/spcoll/galleries/enfield/MS21-0021.jpg, accessed 2010-07-04.
Friends of the Quabbin Reservoir, http://www.foquabbin.org/chronology.html#1901, accessed 2010-07-04.