Village of Quincy, Mass.

Collection Type

  • Art

Date

ca. 1828

Location Note

HGO-01-001-O-G-402-ORAS07

GUSN

GUSN-165847

You can find this within

Description

The image verso reads "View of the village of Quincy and the Congregational Meeting House built in 1732 and taken down in 1828 and of the monument to Josiah Quincy, Jr., erected by his son in 1804. President John Adams attended this church and his funeral services there took place 1826. The above inscription by Eliza Susan Quincy, May 10, 1883, Quincy, Mass."

Details

Descriptive Terms

cultural landscapes
villages
meeting houses (religious buildings)
drawings (visual works)

Additional Identification Number

ACCESS ID 4675

Physical Description

1 drawing : pencil and wash ; 5 x 6 inches

Collection Code

GC001

Collection Name

Original art collection

Date of Acquisition

1939

Reference Code

GC001.USMA.Quincy.448

Acquisition Type

Loan

Image Dimensions

5 x 6 (HxW)(inches)

Credit Line

Loaned by Edmund Quincy, 1939.

Places

Quincy, Mass.

Record Details

Originator

Quincy, Eliza Susan, 1798-1884 (artist)

Material Type

drawings (visual works)

Other People

Quincy, Josiah, 1744-1775

Restrictions

Excellent. Edges stained.

Description Level

Item

Location Note

HGO-01-001-O-G-402-ORAS07

Related Items

Quincy family collection