- School & Youth
- Get Involved
House shaped board w/ overhanging flat "roof" painted gray and embellished in black paint w/ silhouette of Puritan man and the inscription "Spencer-Pierce House/ Here 400 acres of land were granted to John/ Spencer by the town of Newbury in 1635. The stone/ portion of the house (known as the Garrison House)/ was built soon afterwards/ 1630 Mass. Bay Tercentenary 1930"
signs (declatory or advertising artifacts)
Signed on lower right hand of front: ""Browne""
Original to Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm (Newbury, Mass.),
19.125 x 24 x 1.5 (HxWxD) (inches)
Bequest of Amelia W. Little
Massachusetts (United States)