Help share New England’s past with a growing audience. Historic New England seeks a results-driven manager to lead our membership program to continued success.
Location: Haverhill, Mass., with potential for some regular remote work
Description: The membership manager is responsible for steadily growing the membership program to help Historic New England engage a broad and diverse audience, deepen relationships with members and supporters, and grow earned income. You will:
- Design and implement creative and measurable strategies for member acquisition, retention, and advancement. Create and execute annual membership growth plan focused on converting historic site visitors to members, and encouraging members to renew and upgrade.
- Develop and oversee the annual budget, daily operations, and successful performance of the membership program.
- Working with colleagues on the marketing and membership team, ensure integrated marketing and communications strategies for all membership initiatives.
- Act as Historic New England’s external and internal membership champion, building strong relationships throughout the organization and inspiring staff to play an active role in member acquisition and retention. Mobilize front-line staff at historic sites to meet or exceed annual membership acquisition goals.
- Create and attend Historic New England member engagement opportunities, many of which are on weekends or during the evening, to improve retention and support advancement.
- Oversee annual fulfillment plan for premium-level benefits.
- Analyze member engagement, retention, and acquisition results.
- Follow current trends in museum membership and recommend strategies for continuous improvement of Historic New England’s membership program to attract and serve contemporary audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years’ experience designing and implementing membership and/or fundraising activities, with a focus on new member acquisition and retention
- In-depth experience with member/donor databases and an understanding of the role of constituent relationship management in a thriving membership program
- Attention to detail and ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy
- Experience analyzing data and program results
- Exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- Strong project management skills
- Fully competent computer skills, including advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite, databases, internet research, and email management
- Excellent writing and public presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to Historic New England sites as needed
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Tessitura CRM system
- Experience working with a membership program in a cultural organization
- Experience creating programs for broad and diverse audiences
Applications: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Historic New England offers generous and comprehensive vacation, holiday, and health and wellness benefit packages.