Careers at Historic New England
We save and share New England’s past to engage and inform present and future generations.
Historic New England is a museum of cultural history that collects and preserves buildings, landscapes, and objects dating from the seventeenth century to the present. We use these historic resources to help people develop a deeper understanding and enjoyment of New England life and appreciate its preservation.
Historic New England is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to supporting equality of opportunity and respect for diversity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all qualified persons without regard to non-work-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, letting you select the plans and coverage that best meet your needs and those of your family, including your spouse, domestic partner, and eligible dependents. Below is a partial list of the generous benefits offered to our employees.
- Health and Family: Medical, dental, vision, health care and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, domestic partner benefits, wellness programs.
- Financial: 403b plan with company match, credit union benefits, discount on auto and homeowners insurance.
- Vacation/Holiday: Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Other: Membership at Historic New England, reciprocating museum benefits.
Current Job Openings
- Advancement Officer
- Farm Teacher
- Functions Manager
- Groundskeeper, Lyman Estate
- Guide, Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House
- Guide, Boardman House and Cogswell’s Grant
- Guide, Casey Farm
- Guide, Clemence-Irons House
- Guide, Gilman Garrison House
- Guide, Gropius House
- Guide, Midcoast Maine
- Guide, New Hampshire Seacoast Region
- Guide, Roseland Cottage
- Guide, Southern Maine
- Guide, Winslow Crocker House
- Lead Guide, Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House
- Lead Guide, Southern Maine
- Mellon Fellowship, Objects Conservation
- Preventive Care Assistant, Haverhill, Mass. (Part-Time)
- Preventive Care Assistant, North Shore, Mass. (Part-Time)
- Preventive Care Assistant, Southern Maine (Part-Time)
- Project Photographer, Casey Digitization Project