Farm Explorers Summer Camp
This week-long camp for our most experienced campers has children exploring far and wide on Casey Farm's three hundred acres. Campers hunt for frogs and tadpoles at the pond, learn about wild animals on a hike through our fields and forests, play nature games, and hike down to Narragansett Bay to investigate the shoreline and get their hands dirty hunting for crabs. Groups take a hay ride down to Narrow River where they enjoy a supervised swim, and every day they help feed and care for a different farm animal. Kids also learn how to write with quill pens, undertake a bug hunt, learn how to make a fire, and make a weaving to take home. Crafts include nature prints, kaleidoscopes, tribal rainsticks, animal print molds, tie-dye, rock painting, and historic toy making.
Five one-week sessions:
- Week 1: July 11 - 15 Register online
- Week 2: July 18 - 22 Register online
- Week 3: July 25 - 29 Register online
- Week 4: August 1 - 5 Register online
- Week 5: August 8 - 12 Register online
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Ages 9 - 11
- $255 per week (includes Historic New England Household membership)
- $195 per week for Historic New England Members (membership must be valid through July 31, 2016). To automatically receive the membership discount, please join online before registering.
- Casey Farm CSA members or families registering a second child are entitled to a $20 discount. Please see instructions on registration page.
- Summer Camps refund policy: Refunds require thirty days’ notice. Cancellations with only two weeks’ notice receive a 50% refund. No refunds will be given with less than two weeks’ notice. The $75 deposit is not refundable.
Type of Program:
Camps, Summer Programs
Request this program: