Friends of the Library and Archives Membership
Friends of the Library and Archives Membership - $125 ($100 tax-deductible)
Some of the work of preserving a building, garden, or landscape is in preserving the related architectural drawings, photographs, and other supporting documents. Historic New England manages one of the region’s most important archival resources, with more than one million archival items documenting New England's cultural history. Our holdings of photographs, prints, architectural drawings, ephemera, books, and manuscripts are used by thousands of researchers each year.
As a Friends of the Library and Archives member, you are helping to support this critical work.
Each year, you will have the opportunity to meet other like-minded members at two specialized events such as curator-led, behind-the-scenes tours of libraries and exhibitions, lectures, visits to print shops and bookbinders, and more.
Friends of the Library and Archives membership benefits include:
- Free admission to our thirty-six historic properties and our Library and Archives and for two adults in the same household and children under eighteen
- Two single-use guest passes
- Member publications, including Historic New England magazine (three issues per year), the Passport to Historic New England, Guide to Historic Properties, members' newsletter and calendar of events, and the monthly e-newsletter
- Invitations to two special events or receptions*
- Access to fun and exciting free-to-members programs and events
- Discounted admission and advanced registration for programs and events
- Discounts on gifts and publications
- Free admission, discounted member rates for activities, and 10% off shop purchases at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History
- Discounts at local partners in select communities
* Exclusive to this membership level
Or call 617-994-5910