Discounts for Members
All Historic New England members receive the following discounts:
- 10% discount for Individual, Household, and National, and Garden and Landscape Historic New England members on all merchandise and books in our historic sites’ gift shops and online shop and bookstore.
- 15% discount on all merchandise and books in our museum shops and online shop for Contributing level memberships ($100) and up.
- Garden and Landscape members receive a 15% discount at the Lyman Estate Greenhouses in Waltham, Mass., and a 10% discount at Logee's Greenhouses in Danielson, Conn.
- Historic New England museum shops are located at Otis House, Beauport, Castle Tucker, Cogswell’s Grant, Gropius House, the Lyman Estate Greenhouses, Phillips House, Roseland Cottage, Sarah Orne Jewett House, and Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm.
- Discounted admission to select cultural institutions nationwide (PDF)
Eat, play, and stay
When you visit Historic New England sites on the North Shore of Massachusetts, be sure to take advantage of the special discounts exclusively for Historic New England members at nearby businesses.
Select businesses in Gloucester, Newburyport, Newbury, Essex, and Salem provide discounts to our members. Simply show your active Historic New England membership card to receive the discounts featured below. Based on the success of this new offering, Historic New England hopes to expand member discounts to other areas in the region.
Enjoy your special Historic New England member discounts at the following locations:
The Scrapbook (antique prints and maps)
34 Main Street, Essex, Mass. 01929
10% off all merchandise
White Elephant Shop (antiques, collectibles, etc.)
32 Main Street, Essex, Mass. 01929
10% off in the shop and at the White Elephant Outlet on Rt. 133
Essex River Cruises and Charters
35 Dodge Street, Essex, Mass. 01929
$2.00 off regular ticket price
Woodman's of Essex
121 Main Street, Essex, Mass. 01929
Andrew Spindler Antiques
163 Main Street, Essex, Mass. 01929
The George Fuller House (Bed and Breakfast)
148 Main Street, Essex, Mass. 01929
10% discount, two night stay minimum, subject to availability
Alexander Westerhoff Antiques
18 Eastern Ave, Essex, Mass. 01929-1306
Pleasant Street Tea Co.
7 Pleasant Street, Gloucester, Mass. 01930
20% discount on afternoon tea
Cheap Date $10 (Tea for Two and A Chocolate Fondue)
Bass Rocks Ocean Inn
107 Atlantic Road, Gloucester, Mass. 01930
10% discount on any room
Seven Seas Whale Watch
Rogers Street (next to Gloucester House Restaurant), Gloucester, Mass. 01930
$5.00 off the regular ticket price. Not to be combined with other discounts or coupons.
Schooner Thomas E. Lannon
Rogers Street (Route 127), Gloucester, Mass. 01930
$5.00 off regular ticket price. Not to be combined with other discounts or coupons.
Newbury / Newburyport
Ould Towne Gardens
157 High Road, Newbury, Mass. 01951
20% discount on plants
Clark Currier Inn
45 Green Street, Newburyport, Mass. 01950
20% discount on overnight stay (two night weekend minimum April through December)
January, February, March, second night 50% discount.
A Loom with a View
31R Pleasant Street, Newburyport, Mass. 01950
Plum Island Kayak
38R Merrimac Street - Unit 101 B, Newburyport, Mass. 01950
20% discount on regular tours
10 Center Street
10 Center Street, Newburyport, Mass. 01950
15% discount on dinner, excluding alcohol and tax, Tuesday through Thursday evenings.
Performed at Old Town Hall, 32 Derby Square, Salem, Mass. 01970
In a Pig’s Eye
148 Derby Street, Salem, Mass. 01970
Free soup or chowder with purchase of a meal; one free item per membership card; one card will not cover a free item for the whole party
Salem Wine Imports
32 Church Street, Salem, Mass. 01970
5% off bottles / 15% off cases
The Salem Inn
7 Summer Street, Salem, Mass. 01970
20% discount off any night’s stay June 1, 2009 – May 31, 2010; exclusions: month of October, Saturday nights June 1 through September
Questions? Please contact the membership team at 617-994-5910.