The carriage house was added to the property by Captain Nathaniel West around 1820-1821. The Phillips used this structure for storage. When they used carriages and horses, they were housed at stables on nearby Warren Street. When the Phillipses purchased vehicles, they were garaged at Cooper’s on Essex Street. Today the carriage house is used to exhibit the Phillips family locomotion collection.
Click to view full-size image… — Size: 26.7 kB