Side chair. Poplar posts and bannisters; arch seat rails, splat rail, and stretchers; maple crest and splat rail. Arched, molded crest. Vasiform splat. Splat rail protrudes downward. Grooves outline crest and splat rail. Rushed seat rerushed in late twentieth century. Block-and-baluster-turned legs surmounted by turned conical points and ring turnings at upper extremities beneath seat. Seven turned stretchers. Spanish feet.
- Location of origin
- MA, Boston-Salem area; Boston, MA; Salem, MA
- Object type
- Furniture; Seating Furniture
Massachusetts (United States)
- Descriptive terms
chairs (furniture forms)
William and Mary
- 48 1/4 x 19 7/8 x 14 5/8 (HxWxD) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Estate of Florence Evans Bushee
- Reference Notes
- Jobe, Brock and Myrna Kaye. New England Furniture: The Colonial Era. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1984.