Rectangular overhanging top; shaped and carved apron with carved bootjack ends; painted dark green and decorated in yellow with a pinstripe reserve enclosing leafy vine and the inscription "Frances Jane Fernald" upon the top; the front side apron is carved with pinwheels and hearts, heightened with yellow and inscribed "Mary and Andrew 1803."; the ends are carved with pinwheel devices.
Painted at the top: ""Frances Jane/ Fernald"" Painted at the side: ""Mary and/Andrew""
- Associated Building
- Original to Cogswell's Grant (Essex, Mass.).
- Object type
- Descriptive terms
- 6.25 x 13.75 x 5.875 (HxWxD) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Bertram K. and Nina Fletcher Little