Cushman presents the finest in colonial furniture, H.T. Cushman Mfg. Co., North Bennington, Vermont
The business manufactures "Cushman Colonial Creations." The item outlines the month by month promotion of Cushman bedroom, living room and dining room suites. A question and answer section is provided for salesmen. Photographs and captions describe the factory operation. The back cover pocket has cut and mat sheets for local newspaper advertising and an order blank for advertising material. There is a separate brochure for the Statton Furniture Manufacturing Company in Hagerstown, Maryland. A small separate brochure describes the "Captain John Norton Bedroom Group" which was on display at the Radio City House of 1939, Rockefeller Center, New York City. The front cover of the item has an illustration for the "Battle of Bennington, August 16, 1777." The back cover has a "Map of Historic Bennington and Vicinity."
- Collection Name
- Ephemera collection
- Collection Code
- Acquisition Type
- Library & Archives Purchase
- Date of Acquisition
- Physical Description
1 trade catalog : illustrations ; 12 x 9 1/2 inches
- 12x 9 1/2(HxW) (inches)
- Collection Type
- Description Level
- Reference Code
H.T. Cushman Manufacturing Co. (North Bennington, Vt.) (Publisher)
- Other People
Norton, John, 1758-1828
- Other Organizations
New York Worlds Fair (1939-1940 : New York, N.Y.)
- Descriptive Terms
H. T. Cushman Manufacturing Company
business (commercial function)
- Material Type
North Bennington (Bennington county, Vermont)
Hagerstown (Washington county, Maryland)
New York City (New York state)
- Location Note
Product catalogues: Furniture and furnishings: Furniture (2 of 3)
Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.
- Ephemera collection
- Product catalogues
- Furniture and furnishings
- Heywood-Wakefield, cane and wood chairs, catalog no. 14, general office and warehouse, Winter Hill, Mass.
- How to choose the right colonial chair, Nichols & Stone Co., Gardner, Mass.
- Chairs, Heywood Bros. & Co., Boston, Mass.
- Conant Ball Company, chairmakers, Nos. 76 to 100 Sudbury Street, Boston, Mass.
- Ideal folding chair, Clarin Manufacturing Company, Chicago, Illinois
- Flightline Chairs by Steelcase, Steelcase Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Announcing the smart new Ideal Streamliners, Ideal Seating Co., Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Piedmont old-fashioned red cedar chests, Piedmont Red Cedar Chest Co., Statesville, North Carolina
- Happiness chest, Piedmont Red Cedar Chest Co., Statesville, North Carolina
- Protection for your books, the Gunn Sectional Bookcase, manufactured by the Gunn Furniture Co., 1826 Broadway, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Selecting a cedar chest, Lane Chests, Lane, Altavista, Virginia
- Chamber furniture, Merriam, Hall & Company, North Leominster, Mass.
- Furniture catalog, Shaw Furniture Company, Cambridge, Mass.
- Furniture catalog, William Leavens & Co., manufacturers, Boston, Mass.
- Cohasset Colonials by Hagerty, Parker Avenue, Cohasset, Mass.
- Keeler & Co. furniture, furniture manufacturers and upholsters, 83 to 91 Washington Street, corner of Elm, Boston, Mass.
- Turkish Couch Bed Co., maker of Bessemer Steel Adjustable Couch Beds, Couches and Combination Chair and Rocker, 23 Chelsea Street, near City Square, Charlestown District, Boston, Mass.
- Cushman presents the finest in colonial furniture, H.T. Cushman Mfg. Co., North Bennington, Vermont (current record)
- Wood mantel catalogue, Paine's Furniture Company, 48 Canal and 141 Friend Streets, Boston, Mass.
- Paine mid-winter sale, Paine Furniture Company, 81 Arlington Street, Boston, Mass.
- Paine Furniture Company mid-winter sale of furniture, rugs, draperies, lamps, Paine Furniture Company, 81 Arlington Street, Boston, Mass.
- Paine's furniture, interior decoration, Paine's Manufactory, fronting on Canal, Market and Friend Streets, Boston, Mass.
- One hundred years at Paine's, 1835-1935, Paine Furniture Company, 81 Arlington Street, Boston, Mass.
- McKay creates the new Posture Line of Chrome Furniture, The McKay Company, McKay Building, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Artistic suites for the bedroom and dining room, The Inman Company, Inc., Louisville, Kentucky
- Compliments of Benzing & Jacobs, manufacturers of lounges and couches, Buffalo, New York
- Leavens finished to your order furniture 1928, William Leavens & Co., Inc., 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Thos. Moser 1972-2007, a design retrospective commemorative edition, vol. vii, no. 168, Thos. Moser Cabinetmakers, 72 Wright's Landing, P.O. Box 1237, Auburn, Maine
- Green Design Furniture, 267 Commercial Street, Portland, Maine
- Better way in good furniture, Charles B. Wingate, Inc., 117 Causeway Street, Boston, Mass.
- Illustrated catalogue of piano stools, chairs, scarfs and lamps, music cabinets and racks, manufactured by The Charles Parker Co., Meriden, Connecticut
- Grosfeld 1937 annual, the decorator's source for fine furniture, 320 East 47th Street, New York, New York
- Work of L. & J.G. Stickley, Fayetteville, New York
- Historic Newport Reproductions, Kittinger, Buffalo, New York
- Collection of fine period furniture, Old Colony Furniture Company, 560 Harrison Avenue, Boston, Mass. and 385 Madison Avenue, New York, New York
- Antique reproductions, Winthrop Furniture Company, 424 Park Square, Building, Boston, Mass.
- Furniture of romance, Hayward Furniture Co., 8 Hayward Place, Boston, Mass.
- Shaw Furniture Galleries, Inc., largest furniture discount house in the Carolinas, Randleman, North Carolina
- Imperial Masters Tables, Imperial Furniture Co., Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Price list of centre tables, Page & Baker, wholesale furniture, 88 & 90 Fulton Street, Boston, Mass.
- Davenport and library tables and pedestals, catalog 1921,The Park Furniture Company, Rushville, Indiana
- Mission furniture, also fine cabinet work to order, The Florence Co., Florence, Mass.
- Acme Furniture Company, manufacturing library tables, pedestals, Jamestown, New York
- Wallace Nutting period furniture, 46 Park Street, Framingham, Mass.
- Leavens decorated furniture, William Leavens & Co., Inc., manufacturers, 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Leavens colonial furniture, William Leavens & Co., Inc., manufacturers, 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Rapids Furniture Company, the finest and most completely stocked showroom in New England, 90 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Home furnisher, May 1924 summer furnishing number, The C.E. Osgood Company, 744-756 Washington Street, Boston, Mass. and 2141-2147 Washington Street, Roxbury, Mass.
- Bodart Furniture, interpreting the spirit of France, Bodart Furniture, Inc., 964 Monroe Avenue, northwest Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Smith & Watson, antiques for 2070, John Ryan & Sons, 10 East 54th Street, New York, New York
- Reproductions of early American furniture, 2nd edition, C.R. Hood & Company, Inc., 27 Park Street, Beverly, Mass.
- Leavens furniture is finished to your order furniture in colors and decorations of your own selection, William Leavens & Co., Inc., 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Knoll office planned furniture, Knoll Associates, Inc., 575 Madison Avenue, New York, New York
- Illustrated catalogue and price list of McMaster Roll-Top Desks and improved office furniture, Somerville Desk Company, manufacturers of roll top desks and office furniture, Union Square, Somerville, Mass.
- Color furniture in the home, Heywood-Wakefield Company, Boston, Mass.
- American Home blue print pattern #2010, dry sink, Dorothy Lambert Trumm, American Home Publishing Company, New York, New York
- Illustrated catalogue and price list of the Shakers' Chairs, manufactured by the Society of Shakers, Emporium Publications, P.O. Box 539, Newton, Mass.
- Furnishings for summer homes, Jordan Marsh Company, Boston, Mass.
- Catalog, Paine's Furniture Company, Canal, Market and Friend Streets, Boston, Mass.
- Paine's Furniture Company, Canal, Market and Friend Streets, Boston, Mass.
- Annual catalogue no. 33, H.R. Plimpton & Co., house furnishers, 1075 to 1079 Washington Street and 1 to 15 Waterford Street, Boston, Mass.
- Bedroom book, by Isabel Gordon Curtis, Cincinnati, The Stearns & Foster Company
- Comfort line, day beds, metal beds, springs, cots & mattresses, 321-327 Congress Street, New England Bedding Co., Boston, Mass.
- Comfort line products since 1903, New England Bedding Co.
- Price list of Leavens Furniture, William Leavens & Co., inc., 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Orpin Brothers, desks, book cases and sideboards, 99 to 105 Richmond Street, Boston, Mass.
- It's as simple as building with blocks, Edw. France & Son, 1607 N. Capitol Ave., Indianapolis, Indiana
- Wood beds, twenty-nine designs, Frank A. Hall & Sons, 25 West 45th Street, New York, New York
- Leavens Furniture 1932, William Leavens & Co., Inc., 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Presenting Grosfeld House Glassic, Grosfeld House, 320 East 47th Street, New York, New York
- Beacon Hill Collection, inspired by the early designers & craftsmen of the eighteenth century who created & made furniture of lasting beauty in keeping with the graceful living of the times, 6th ed., Kaplan Furniture Company, 91 Albany Street, Cambridge,
- Album of photographs, Grosfeld House, 320 East 47th Street, New York, New York
- Faithful reproductions of eighteenth century and colonial furniture, Charak Furniture Company, 38 Wareham Street, Boston, Mass.
- Wallace Nutting collection of American antiques, John Wanamaker, New York, New York
- Wallace Nutting catalog, seventh edition, Wallace Nutting, 46 Park Street, Framingham, Mass.
- Wallace Nutting Windsors, correct Windsor furniture, Wallace Nutting, Inc., Saugus, Mass.
- Wood mantels, Paine's Furniture Co., 48 Canal Street, Boston, Mass.
- Through colonial doorways, Conant-Ball Company, Nos. 76 to 100 Sudbury Street, Boston, Mass.
- Exact re-creations of old Hitchcock Chairs, Paine Furniture Company, 81 Arlington Street, Boston, Mass.
- Hodgson's in and outdoor furnishings for your country home, E.F. Hodgson Co., 71 Federal Street, Boston, Mass. and 6 East 39th Street, New York, New York
- Furniture, as interpreted by the Century Furniture Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Kittinger Furniture, a study in photographs, catalog no. 80, Kittinger Company, Buffalo, New York
- Practical book of Spanish, Italian and Portuguese furniture, by Harold Donaldson Eberlein and Roger Wearne Ramsdell, J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, London
- Couch hammock and swaying divan catalog, New England Bedding Co.
- Old Hickory Furniture Company, catalog, Martinsville, Indiana, undated
- Catalogue of piano stools, etc., Tonk & Company, Chicago, Illinois, 1890s
- Leavens Furniture finished to your order, William Leavens & Co., Inc., 32 Canal Street, Boston, Mass., 1926
- Collection of American colonial furniture, au quatrième, John Wanamaker, New York, New York, undated
- Furnishing the home, a magazine of ideas and service, volume 1, number 2, published by B.Altman & Co., New York, New York, 1927
- Premium catalogue, Gold Seal Co., 5, 3, 11 & 13 Plum Street, Portland, Maine, 1890s
- Furniture kits for home assembly, exact copies of museum pieces, fun to make, distinctive to own, by Hagerty of Cohasset, Mass.
- Colonial Williamsburg Inc. approved reproductions and adaptations, The Craft house, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Historic Pilgrim furniture, illustrated by reproductions in Plimoth Plantation, Heywood-Wakefield Company, Gardner, Mass.
- Classic provincial dresser, Grand Rapids Chair Co., Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Chairs, Furniture Specialties Corp., 318 East 61st Street, New York, New York
- Furniture and furnishings
- Product catalogues