Skip to content

Search Collections

Ruins of the Chelsea Fire, Sunday, Apr. 12, 1908

Description

Ruins of the Great Chelsea Fire, Sunday April 12, 1908, showing 1 panoramic view and 12 other views of destroyed buildings and fire equipment. Scenes include: panoramic view, St. Rose Church, Lynn Fire Engine #1, State Armory, Chelsea Public Library, Highland St. School, City Hall and Baptist Church, Universalist Church, Chelsea Power House, Congregational Church, Chelsea High School, Frank B. Fay School, and Bellingham Methodist Church.

You can find this within:

Details

Collection Name
General photographic collection
Collection Code
PC001
Dates
1908-04-12
Acquisition Type
Estate
Date of Acquisition
1920-08-13
Physical Description
1 photographic print : photomechanical, mounted ; 22 1/2 x 15 1/2 inches
Inscriptions
Estate of Jane N. Grew, 13 Aug. 1920 (handwritten)
Dimensions
15 1/2x 22 1/2(HxW) (inches)
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
Oversize photograph number: OVP0177
GUSN
221410
Reference Code
PC001.01.TMP.177

Record details

Descriptive Terms
fires
Material Type
photographic prints
photographs
photomechanical prints
Subjects
Ruins
Places
Chelsea (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)
Location Note
OVP L10

Browse Collection

Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.

Comments