Saucer-shaped bobeche with spur at one side on cylindrical shaft with ejector on slightly domed round base; painted a gray-black color.
Shaw's Patent (Maker)
1) Cast: ""SHAWS PATENT"" 2) Adhesive tape: ""Little"" 3) Tag (probably came with it to Littles; now in accession file): ""Beemerville 2-14-1931 / Candlestick over 100 years old / Presented to James Turner by / George Clark / Branchville, NJ""; NFL has written on verso: ""Hog scraper / candlestick. / Marked on slide `Shaw's Patent' / Shaw is believed to / have been a Birmingham, / Eng. maker"".
- Location of origin
- probably Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Associated Building
- Original to Cogswell's Grant (Essex, Mass.).
- Object type
- Lighting Device
England (United Kingdom) [country]
- Descriptive terms
- 6 1/2 (H), 4 (diameter) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Bertram K. and Nina Fletcher Little