Skip to content

Search Collections

Sidewalk from no. 421 Boylston Street west, Boston, Mass., June 6, 1920

PC017.01.01.03.7020 (RS91591)

Description

The Henry Murray Company which produces granite monument pieces can be seen on the right side of the image. The Louis H. Werner Company which carries furs is to the left of Murray. The Museum of Natural History and the Rogers Building can be seen on the other side of Berkeley Street.

You can find this within:

Details

Collection Name
Boston Transit Archive, 1895-1960s
Collection Code
PC017
Dates
1920-06-06
Date of Acquisition
1986
Physical Description
1 gelatin dry plate glass negative
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
Envelope Number: 00003663
BTC Line Code: B
BTC Plate Number: 00000A79
Transit Import ID: 3244
GUSN
214506
Reference Code
PC017.01.01.03.7020

Record details

Originator
Boston Transit Commission (Publisher)
Other People
Preston, Jonathan, 1801-1888
Preston, William Gibbons, 1842-1910
Rogers, William Barton, 1804-1882
Other Organizations
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Descriptive Terms
commercial buildings
exterior views
intersections
museums (buildings)
public transit
science museums (buildings)
sidewalks
streetscapes
subways
university and college buildings
Material Type
gelatin dry plate negatives
Subjects
Architectural photography
Berkeley Street (Boston, Mass.)
Boylston Street (Boston, Mass.)
Places
Back Bay (Boston, Suffolk county, Massachusetts) [neighborhood]
Boston (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)
Places (Buildings)
Museum of Natural History (Boston, Mass.)
Rogers Building (491 Boylston Street, Boston, Mass.)

Browse Collection

Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.

Comments