Skip to content

Search Collections

Exterior view of Tremont House

PC001.01.TMP.080 (RS87690)

Description

horse-drawn vehicles stand in front of Tremont House at the corner of Tremont and Beacon Streest. The Old Granary Burying Ground is on the left side of the image.

You can find this within:

Details

Collection Name
General photographic collection
Collection Code
PC001
Dates
ca. 1894
Physical Description
1 photographic print
Inscriptions
Verso of mount: Isiah Rogers, architect demolished 1895 [in a different pencil:] Tremont House Tremont Street + Beacon Street Boston, Massachusetts identified by Robert Severy 5/11/1981 First Baptist Church in distance on Somerset Street
Dimensions
10.125x 13.5(HxW) (inches)
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
OVP Photo Database Number: 124
OVP Number: OVP0080
GUSN
202336
Reference Code
PC001.01.TMP.080

Record details

Descriptive Terms
commercial buildings
exterior views
graveyards
hotels (public accommodations)
streetscapes
Material Type
gelatin silver prints
photographs
Subjects
Architectural photography
Tremont Street (Boston, Mass.)
Places
Boston (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)
Places (Buildings)
Tremont House (Boston, Mass.)
Physical Access Restrictions
Foxing across recto, recto of mount and verso of mouny; mount torn.

Browse Collection

Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.

Comments