Teacup and saucer
Part of green and white transfer printed tea set w/ teapot, covered sugar, 4 saucers, 2 tea cups and slop bowl; scalloped edges; teapot and sugar have fluted bodies; transfer printed scene w/ flowers in Grecian-type vase and buildings in background; mountain view in distance.
Ridgway, William (Maker)
Stamped on bottom: ""Alpine/ WR/ Opaque China"" [see worksheet for drawing] This ""WR"" mark was in use from c.1830-1834.
- Location of origin
- Shelton, England, Staffordshire
- Associated Building
- Original to Castle Tucker (Wiscasset, Me.).
- Object type
- Food Service T&E
- Descriptive terms
CUP AND SAUCER
- 2.5 x 5.5 (HxW), 4.625 (diameter) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Miss Jane S. Tucker
- Reference Notes
- Snyder, Jeffrey B.. Romantic Staffordshire Ceramics. [No Publisher].