Skip to content

Search Collections

View of the remains of the Province House, Washington Street, Boston, Mass., 1922

PC001.02.01.USMA.0340.8840.002 (RS1701)

Description

The remains of the Province House are seen with the steeple of the Old South Church in the background. Province House was built as a private residence in 1679 and later became the seat of the royal governors of Massachusetts.

Details

Collection Name
General photographic collection
Collection Code
PC001
Dates
1922
Physical Description
1 photographic print : black-and-white
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
DigitalID: 001701
AccessID: 3644
Other identifier: HNEDID-001701
GUSN
196839
Reference Code
PC001.02.01.USMA.0340.8840.002

Record details

Originator
Appleton, William Sumner, 1874-1947 (Photographer)
Descriptive Terms
churches (buildings)
dwellings
exterior views
governors
houses
Material Type
black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs
Subjects
Province Court (Boston, Mass.)
Washington Street (Boston, Mass.)
Places
Boston (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)
Places (Buildings)
Old South Church (Boston, Mass.)
Province House (Boston, Mass.)
Location Note
Geographic / Mass. / Boston / Washington St.: School to Water

Comments