Skip to content

Search Collections

Burgess and Lang Buildings, Haverhill, Mass.

PC001.03.01.TMP.079 (RS496)

Description

An exterior view from across Essex Street of the front and side façades of the Burgess Building (on the right) and Lang Building (on the left) in Haverhill, Massachusetts. Charles Willis Damon, a prominent architect in Haverhill, built the two eight-story buildings, which were the largest concrete shoe factories in the world at that time, for bankers William H. Burgess amd Howard W. Lang of Boston.

You can find this within:

Details

Collection Name
General photographic collection
Collection Code
PC001
Date Notes
ca. 1917
Physical Description
1 postcard
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
DigitalID: 000496
AccessID: 747
Other identifier: HNEDID-000496
GUSN
195405
Reference Code
PC001.03.01.TMP.079

Record details

Other People
Burgess, William H.
Lang, Howard W.
Other Organizations
Burgess, Lang & Co.
Knights-Allen Company
United Shoe Machinery Company
Descriptive Terms
concrete
exterior views
factories (structures)
footwear
industrial buildings
shoes (footwear)
Material Type
photographs
photomechanical prints
picture postcards
Subjects
Burgess Building (Haverhill, Mass.)
Essex Street (Haverhill, Mass.)
Places
Haverhill (Essex county, Massachusetts)
Places (Buildings)
Lang Building (Haverhill, Mass.)

Browse Collection

Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.

Comments