Skip to content

Search Collections

Whitfield House, from the north

PC001.02.01.USCT.0770.0050.003 (RS266)

Description

A side exterior view from the north of the Henry Whitfield House, now the Henry Whitfield State Museum, in Guilford, Connecticut, before the restoration directed by architect John Frederick Kelly in the 1930s. The Puritan leader Henry Whitfield built the stone house in 1639. The house and chimneys are plasterd over with stucco and covered by ivy, and the rear addition is attached to the building. Next to the house, there are a pile of stones and ladders, and a slide is leaning against a wall of the house.

Details

Collection Name
General photographic collection
Collection Code
PC001
Date Notes
1930
Physical Description
1 photograph
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
DigitalID: 000266
AccessID: 426
Other identifier: HNEDID-000266
GUSN
195108
Reference Code
PC001.02.01.USCT.0770.0050.003

Record details

Other People
Whitfield, Henry, 1597-1660?
Other Organizations
Henry Whitfield State Museum (Conn.)
Descriptive Terms
American Colonial
additions (general components)
exterior views
granite (rock)
restoration (process)
side (positional attribute)
single-family dwellings
Material Type
black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs
Subjects
Architectural photography
ivy
stone houses
Places
Guilford (New Haven county, Connecticut)
Places (Buildings)
Henry Whitfield State Museum (Conn.)
Location Note
Large - Geo - Connecticut - Guilford - Whitefield

Comments