Skip to content

Search Collections

Whitfield House

PC001.02.01.USCT.0770.0050.002 (RS265)

Description

A side exterior view of the Henry Whitfield House, now the Henry Whitfield State Museum, in Guilford, Connecticut, before the restoration directed by architect John Frederick Kelly in the 1930s. The Puritan leader Henry Whitfield built the stone house in 1639. The house and chimneys are plasterd over with stucco and covered by vines, and the rear addition is attached to the building. A chimney runs up the entire side of the building. There are a flagpole and a cannon in front of the house.

Details

Collection Name
General photographic collection
Collection Code
PC001
Date Notes
ca. 1924
Physical Description
1 photograph
Collection Type
Photographs
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
DigitalID: 000265
AccessID: 425
Other identifier: HNEDID-000265
GUSN
195107
Reference Code
PC001.02.01.USCT.0770.0050.002

Record details

Other People
Whitfield, Henry, 1597-1660?
Other Organizations
Henry Whitfield State Museum (Conn.)
Descriptive Terms
American Colonial
additions (general components)
cannons (artillery)
chimneys (architectural elements)
exterior views
flagpoles
granite (rock)
side (positional attribute)
single-family dwellings
stucco
vines
Material Type
black-and-white prints (photographs)
photographs
Subjects
Architectural photography
stone houses
Places
Guilford (New Haven county, Connecticut)
Places (Buildings)
Henry Whitfield State Museum (Conn.)
Location Note
Large - Geo - Connecticut - Guilford - Whitefield

Comments