Plan book of William G. Shillaber, Mass., 1866-1924
Plan book of William G. Shillaber's properties in Boston, Newton, Cambridge, Peabody, and Brighton. Plan book with photographs and surveys of properties as well as account sheets, deeds, and newspaper articles about real estate, land values, taxes, building methods, and Boston neighborhoods. Account sheets show costs for repairs, taxes, insurance, rent, water, and gas. References to properties indicate they were owned by William G. Shillaber or members of his family. Information dates from 1866-1924.
Newspaper clipping in front of album notes that all plans made by Alexander Wadsworth have been moved to the office of Ernest Bowditch - Feb 1895. Also attached to inside front cover is a clipping about the sale of stock in 50 Associates, dated October 25, 1894.
The book contains information on 19 properties, most with photographs and land surveys. Survey plans include those by Alexander Wadsworth, J. W. Morrison, J. E. Fuller, Smilie & Sanborn, Chas. A. Pearson, W. A. Williams, and W. A. Mason.
You can find this within:
- Account books collection
- Plan book of William G. Shillaber, Mass., 1866-1924 (current record)
- Collection Name
- Account books collection
- Collection Code
- Physical Description
1 account book
- Collection Type
- Description Level
- Additional Identification Number
Other identifier: 129
- Reference Code
1. 53-61 Court Street. Photograph with survey by Alex. Wadsworth, October 21, 1869. 61 Court Street is where William Shillaber. According to The Book of Boston, "The estate, 61 Court Street, where his office is, has been in the family since 1783, and Mr. Shillaber is of the fifth generation to occupy the premises."
Folder # 1 with schedule of assessments to Daniel Shillaber, November 20, 1871. Copy of deed 1816 and land survey.
2. 49 & 51 Court Street. Photograph with survey by Alex. Wadsworth, February 28, 1874.
3. 5 houses. 1, 1 1/2, 3, 5, 7, 9, & 11 Pinckney Place. Photograph with survey by J. W. Morrison, October 11, 1892.
Folder #2 - Newspaper article about houses on Pinckney Place and snapshot 2 x 4 inches.
4. David Shillaber's House. # 12 Crescent Place. Photograph with survey (no dates).
5. Brighton - house on corner of Washington & Tremont. Photograph with survey by J. W. Morrison, January 3, 1892.
Folder # 3 - newspaper clippings on Historic Brighton dated April 16 & 23, 1898.
6. House on Washington Street & Nonantum, probably Newton. Photograph & survey.
7. 131 West Chester Park, Boston. Now 454 Mass Avenue. Photograph with survey by J. E. Fuller, July 12, 1866.
Folder #4 - Memorandum to the title to the property. A list of land transfers by dates.
8. 275 Beacon Street. Photograph with survey by J. W. Morrison. October 25, 1892.
Folder #5 - Two photographs. Sheet regarding titles to the property from 1874-1892 to Caroline Shillaber. The Book of Boston, 1916, notes that William Shillaber lived at this address.
9. C. P. S. House. [Caroline Patten Shillaber] 339 Beacon Street. Photograph only. No survey.
Folder # 6 - two copies of photograph.
10. Thos. Potter's house - Crescent Place. Photograph only.
11. 72 & 74 Shawmut Avenue. Photograph. No survey.
12. John Shillaber house. 170 Lynn Street, Peabody. No survey.
13. David Shillaber House, Salem Street, Boston. No survey.
14. Hotels Sharon and Wilson. E. Newton & Harrison Avenue. 2 photographs and survey by Smilie & Sanborn, April 1874.
Folder # 7 - Photographs and account sheets for the two hotels.
15. T. H. Seavey Estate. Nos. 7 1/2, 9, 9 1/2, & 11 Leverett Street. Photograph with land survey by Chas. A. Pearson dated October 9, 1903. William Shillaber worked for T. H. Seavey at the Rumford Chemical Works.
Folder # 8 - 2 photographs and account sheets.
16. T. H. Seavey Estate. Nos. 8 & 10 Leverett Street. Photograph. No survey.
Folder # 9 - two photographs and account sheets.
17. T. H. Seavey House. 6, 8, 10 & 12 Mason Street, Cambridge. Photograph with survey by W. A. Williams, January 10, 1888.
Folder #10 with photograph.
18. T. H. Seavey house, Holyoke Street, Cambridge. Photograph with survey by W. A. Mason, 1868.
Folder # 11 - 2 photographs
19. T. H. Seavey - 98, 100 & 102 Putnam Avenue, Cambridge. Photograph with survey - no date.
Folder # 12 - 2 photographs
Folder # 13 - Account sheets for several properties - Hotel Sharon & Wilson, 8 &10 Leverett Street dating from 1920-1924.
Folder # 14
i-360\li1140New Scollay Building Trust - prospectus for bonds March 1, 1914.
i-360\li1140Newspaper Clippings on real estate trust stocks, land values in Boston, building development, taxpayers and old Boston properties
Biography of William G. Shillaber
History of Lease of 83 & 85 Cornhill
- Material Type
Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.
- Account books collection
- Ledger and daybook of Andrew Brabazon, Hartford, Conn., 1858-1863
- Ledger and daybook of Ezekiel Bailey, Hallowell, Maine, 1834-1846
- Ledger of Thomas Barnes, Waltham, Mass., 1810-1832
- Daybook of Walley, Boston, Mass., July 12-September 8, 1797
- Ledgers of Caleb Nichols, Cohasset, Mass., 1794-1826
- Account book of Seba Perrin, Seekonk, Mass., Apr. 1821-May 1829
- Daybook of Jacob Chesley, Wakefield, N.H., Dec. 1810-May 1822
- Daybook of Roberts, Rochester, N.H., Jan. 1829-Feb. 1835
- Daybook of Eugene M. Josselyn, West Hanover, Mass., Mar. 1860-Feb. 1896
- Ledger of Cyrus Josselyn, Boston, Mass., Mar. 1810-Sept. 1854
- Daybook, Maine coast, Mar. 1827-Feb. 1849
- Ledger, north-central Mass., Nov. 1773-Apr. 1774
- Ledger of Henry Duncomb, Fairfield County, Conn., 1834-1888
- Ledger of Joseph Gould, South Reading, Mass., Jan. 1732-Oct. 1760
- Ledger of G. Robbins Chandler, North Yarmouth and Guilford, Maine, Mar. 1811-1875
- Ledger, Suffolk County, Mass., 1810-1812
- Ledger of Charles Falconer, Beverly Farms, West Beach, Mass., 1853-1855
- Daybook of J.W. and J.E. Fossett, East Boston, Mass. and Jaffrey, N.H., 1849-1877
- Ledger of Lewis Fisher (J.P.), Franklin, Mass., 1804-1846
- Account book of Charles Hesseltine, Weston, Vermont, 1844-1852
- Ledger of G.W. Upham, Southgate and Upham, Worcester, Mass., 1843-1865
- Account books of William Wyman and Thomas B., eastern Mass., Aug. 1815-1819
- Account book of John Ware, Newton Lower Falls, Mass., Mar. 1801-May 1824
- Ledger of John, Caleb and Nathan Mitchell, Southeast Mass., Mar. 1804-May 1827
- Daybook of Derbon Marston, North Hampton, N.H., 1820-1836
- Ledger of Barnabas H. Palmer, Dover, N.H., 1825-1828
- Account book, 1883
- Account book of William W. Oliver, Salem, Mass., 1800s
- Ledger of Joseph Greenleaf, Stark, Maine, 1827-1838
- Account book, Danvers, Mass., 1846-1852
- Account book of Joseph Carrell, Walpole, Mass., 1803-1805
- Daybook, North Providence, R.I., 1820-1828
- Daybook of Caleb Warner, Ipswich, Mass., 1737-1800
- Daybook of Thomas Stearns, Waltham, Mass., 1804-1807
- Ledger of Asa Titus, Walpole, N.H., 1817
- Ledger of John Barlow, Boston, Mass., 1766-1792
- Account book Charles Hewins, Boston, Mass., 1850-1854
- Daybooks of J.D. Bulter, Rutland, Vermont, 1805-1910
- Daybook of Oliver Hubbard, Boston, Mass., 1798-1804
- Account book of Endicott Oliver, Boston, Mass., 1813-1829
- Account book of Thomas Otis, Boston, Mass., 1803-1804
- Daybook of the Cleveland General Store, Bedford, Vermont, 1848-1849
- Daybook, Middlebury, Vermont, 1803-1805
- Ledger of Ordway and Williams, Deerfield, N.H., 1807-1808
- Account books of James Whittemore and Tufts and Whittemore, Weymouth, Mass., 1818-1833
- Daybook of James Tirrell, 1825-1833
- Daybook of Charles Glines and Co., Canterbury, N.H., Feb. 1883-1884
- Daybook of Lewis and Richardson, Boston and Roxbury, Mass., 1811-1815
- Daybook of Josiah Sartell, Sartell and Childs, and Sartell and Kendall, Townsend, Mass., 1808-1829
- Account book of Nathaniel Brackett, 1817-1822
- Ledgers of Jeremiah and John Pearson, 1673-1741
- Account book of City Mills, 1830-1832
- Account book of Josiah Allen, Boston, Mass., 1780-1828
- Account book of Nathaniel Hesseltine, Weston, Vermont, 1829-1838
- Invoice book of William Jackson and Co., Boston, Mass., 1856-1861
- Ledger, Boston, Mass., 1816-1840
- Ledger of Mather Withington, 1792-1831
- Account book of Nathan Weston Jr., Maine, 1853-1856
- Account book, May 1831-July 1832
- Account book of M.L. Williams, Boston, Mass., 1889-1890
- Account book, New York, 1861-1879
- Account book, Boston, Mass., New Jersey, Delaware, ca. 1881
- Wastebook of Samuel Winn Jr., Medford, Mass., 1771-1800
- Account book of Rebecca E. Shattuck, Boston, Mass., 1845-1857
- Account book of Martha Ingalls, Swampscott, Mass., 1864
- Daybook of Otis E. Weld, Boston, Mass., 1895-1897
- Account book of William Allen, East Bridgewater, Mass., 1833-1837
- Daybook of School District #5, Wheelock, Vermont, 1867-1893
- Account book of West Parish Meetinghouse, Salisbury, Mass., 1794-1941 continuously
- Accounts daybook of William Endicott and Oliver Hubbard, Boston, Mass., 1797-1807
- Daybook of Hadley Richards, Newport, New York, Feb. 6-Oct. 29, 1847
- Account book, Amherst, Mass., 1846-1849
- Daybook of Mill Merino, possibly Providence, R.I., 1826-1829
- Account book, Haverhill, Mass., 1857-1858
- Ledger of Nichols and Whitney, Boston, Mass., 1835-1840
- Account book of Third Parish, Lynn, Mass., 1738-1829
- Account book of John Mico, Boston, Mass., 1703-1705
- Daybook of Daniel Vose, probably Milton, Mass., 1789-1801
- Account book of Farrandville Foundry, 1836-1840
- Daybooks of David Robbins, Milton, Mass., 1833-1836
- Ledger of Daniel Vose, Boston, Mass., 1785-1797
- Account book of Charles Weston, Salem, Mass., 1881-1889
- Daybook of John Tomblin, West Brookfield, Mass., 1848-1858
- Account book, Boston, Mass., 1865-1869
- Account book, Gloucester, Mass., 1881-1889
- Account book of the U.S. Quartermaster's Department, Boston and Charlestown, Mass., 1825-1829
- Account book of Mrs. Elisha Penniman, Boston, Mass., 1864-1877
- Daybook of accounts of Thomas Normans, Boston, Mass., 1740-1750
- Ledger of James Clark, Worcester, Mass., 1824-1836
- Stock account book, Boston, Mass.,1855-1889
- Account book of John T. Heard and Seth Caldwell, Jr. (attorneys), Boston, 1865-1869
- Account book of Mary A.N. Swaim, John T. Heard, and Seth Caldwell, Jr., Boston, Mass., Nov. 1865- Dec. 1869
- Account book of Swaim, Mary, Aurora, Joesph, Boston, Mass., 1869-1875
- Account book of E.D. Swaim, guardian Aurora D. Swaim, Boston, 1869-1874
- Daybook and account book of Whitney, Montague, Mass., 1856-1875
- Daybook of William Thayer, Williamsburg, Mass., 1845-1847
- Account book of Bunker Hill Clothes Warehouse, John F. Folls, Charlestown, Mass., 1847
- Account book of an employer at a northeast Masssachusetts weaving shop, 1814-1815
- Account book of A.W. Longfellow, Jr., South Coastal Maine, 1831-1845
- Order book of Lowell Railroad Elevator and Warehouse, Lowell, Mass., 1870-1873
- Account book of H.H. Crocker and Co., Boston, Mass., 1893-1896
- Account book of W.H. Crocker and Co., Boston, Mass., 1893
- Account book, Boston, Mass., 1733-1749
- Account book, Boston, Mass., Jan. 1802-Apr. 1804
- Account book, Boston, Mass., Apr. 1809-June 1812
- Account books of Herbert L. Browne, Boston, Mass.
- Account book of Chickering Piano Company, 1847-1860s
- Account book of Samuel Armstrong, Boston, Mass., 1805-1814
- Memoranda and account book of James Robinson, laborer, Boston, Mass., 1846-1849
- Daybook of Daniel Clarke Sanders, Medfield, Mass., 1812-1850
- Account book of Jeremiah Beal, Bridgewater, Mass., 1790-1822
- Account book, Grafton, Mass., 1843-1844
- Account book of John Hall, Quincy, Mass., 1842-1855
- Album of invoices submitted to Mr. and Mrs. Roswell B. Burchard, 1899
- Account book, Bridgewater, Mass., 1792-1797, 1801
- Account book of John Hamilton, possibly Waterborough, Maine, 1803-1858
- Waste book, Holliston, Mass., 1805-1807, 1836-1840, 1868, 1873-1874
- Three daybooks, Braggville General Store near Holliston, Mass., 1866-1872
- Account books 122.1-122.6
- Account book of George A. Brown, Boston, Mass., 1839-1844
- Account book of William Ballard, 1851-1868
- Account books, 1807-08, 1817-1833
- Account book of Samuel Harris, Boston, Mass., Jan. 24, 1800 - Jan. 12, 1809
- Account book 127, 1840-1845
- Account book 128, Vermont, 1873-1873
- Plan book of William G. Shillaber, Mass., 1866-1924 (current record)
- Account book of H.K. Keith and Co., June 30-October 25, 1856
- Stock book of Henry K. Keith and Co., Feb. 1, 1860
- Account book of Nahum Keene, Duxbury, Mass., Mar. 24, 1852
- Stock book of L.F. Brett, Duxbury, Mass., Feb. 1, 1843
- Account book of James Short, Newbury, Mass., 1742-1801
- Account book of Andrew Ayers, Northfield, Mass., 1818-1852
- Account book of Roger Orvis, Goshen, Conn., 1771-1807, 1809-1814
- Account book of Talcott Curtiss, Granville, Hampden County, Mass., 1813-1817
- Ledger of Sylvester Cram, Boston, Mass., Feb. 7-Nov. 14 1850
- Account book 139, 1864-1869
- Account book of J. H. Wilbur