Armorial porcelain saucer with a white body and painted polychrome decoration of a coat-of-arms surmounted by a helment and lion and framed by orange and white foliate scrolls and a pink banner with a Latin inscription at bottom, inner rim features a link and diamond chain.\n
The Century House (Dealer)
"c. 1750 / Arms of / Shard. / imp. Clarke" (handwritten)
"PEJUS / LETHO / FLAGITIUM"
- Associated Building
- Original to Phillips House (Salem, Mass.).
- Object type
- Food Service T&E
- Descriptive terms
armorial (porcelain style)
- 7/8 (H), 4 1/2 (diameter) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Stephen Phillips Memorial Charitable Trust for Historic Preservation
- Related Items
Title Armorial teacup Accession number 2006.44.1844.1 Relationship Matching teacup