Armorial porcelain teacup with straight sides, loop handle with finger rest and foot ring. Front features a painted polychrome coat-of-arms consisting of a shield with a rearing lion, above is a man holding a rod, and above and below are pink banners with Latin inscription. Gold script monogram "WS" below. Blue and gold bands around the exterior rim of cup.
The Century House (Dealer)
"THE CENTURY HOUSE GALLERIES / Guaranteed / Genuine / 100 / KNIGHTSBRIDGE.S.W.1" (printed)
"VIRTUS / QUEM DEUS CONSERVAT / WS"
- Associated Building
- Original to Phillips House (Salem, Mass.).
- Object type
- Food Service T&E
- Descriptive terms
armorial (porcelain style)
- 2 3/4 x 2 5/8 x 3 3/4 (HxWxD), 2 5/8 (diameter) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Stephen Phillips Memorial Charitable Trust for Historic Preservation
- Related Items
Title Armorial saucer Accession number 2006.44.1849.2 Relationship Matching saucer