The Thompson, Connecticut Bank
- Collection Name
- Old-Time New England
- Collection Code
- Date Notes
- Volume 54, Number 196 (Spring, 1964)
- The bank that stood in Thompson, Conn., since 1835, was emphatically horizontal in design, perfectly conveying the sense of mass and solidarity that a bank should possess. The banking company moved to Putnam, Conn., in 1893. In 1963, Old Sturbridge Village acquired the building and moved it to Sturbridge for restoration as an early-19th-century bank in the museum village.
- Full Article
- Collection Type
- Description Level
- Additional Identification Number
Article ID: 116
- Reference Code
John Obed Curtis (Author)
Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities
- Publisher Series
Old Time New England
- Place of Publication
- Publications Referencing This Collection
(1964). Old Time New England. Boston, Mass.: Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities.
Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.