Skip to content

Search Collections

Village of Quincy, Mass.

GC001.USMA.Quincy.448 (RS102845)

Description

The image verso reads "View of the village of Quincy and the Congregational Meeting House built in 1732 and taken down in 1828 and of the monument to Josiah Quincy, Jr., erected by his son in 1804. President John Adams attended this church and his funeral services there took place 1826. The above inscription by Eliza Susan Quincy, May 10, 1883, Quincy, Mass."

You can find this within:

Details

Collection Name
Original art collection
Collection Code
GC001
Dates
ca. 1828
Acquisition Type
Loan
Date of Acquisition
1939
Physical Description
1 drawing : pencil and wash ; 5 x 6 inches
Dimensions
5x 6(HxW) (inches)
Dimensions
7"x 8 1/2" (HxW) (inches)
Collection Type
Graphic Materials
Description Level
Item
Additional Identification Number
ACCESS ID: 4675
Credit Line
Loaned by Edmund Quincy, 1939.
GUSN
165847
Reference Code
GC001.USMA.Quincy.448

Record details

Originator
Quincy, Eliza Susan, 1798-1884 (artist)
Other People
Quincy, Josiah, 1744-1775
Descriptive Terms
cultural landscapes
meeting houses (religious buildings)
villages
Material Type
drawings (visual works)
Places
Quincy, Mass.
Location Note
HGO-01-001-O-G-402-ORAS07
Related Items
Quincy family collection
Physical Access Restrictions
Excellent. Edges stained.

Browse Collection

Use the links below to browse up and down the collection hierarchy from the current record.

Comments