House shaped board w/ overhanging flat "roof" painted gray and embellished in black paint w/ silhouette of Puritan man and the inscription "Spencer-Pierce House/ Here 400 acres of land were granted to John/ Spencer by the town of Newbury in 1635. The stone/ portion of the house (known as the Garrison House)/ was built soon afterwards/ 1630 Mass. Bay Tercentenary 1930"
Signed on lower right hand of front: ""Browne""
- Associated Building
- Original to Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm (Newbury, Mass.).
- Object type
- Visual Communication T&E
Massachusetts (United States)
- Descriptive terms
Possibly pine (wood)
signs (declatory or advertising artifacts)
- 19.125 x 24 x 1.5 (HxWxD) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Amelia W. Little