This brooch is part of a set with earrings 1969.2395.2AB. The brooch is constructed in the shape of an open, pleated fan. The surface of the fan is decorated with images of two flying geese, a bird, and a frog, surrounded by engraved foliage. The back of the fan has a glass-covered reserve for hair.
- Associated Building
- Original to Codman House (Lincoln, Mass.).
- Object type
- Descriptive terms
- 1 1/4 x 1 11/16 x 3/8 (HxWxD) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Dorothy S.F.M. Codman
- Exhibition Notes
- "Hidden Treasures from Elegant Eras," Historic Jewelry from the Collections of the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities presented by Shreve, Crump & Low, September 15 - November 30, 1995.
- Reference Notes
- For more information on the Japanese style see Fales, Martha Gandy. "Jewelry in America: 1600-1900." (1995): 359-361.
- Related Items
Title Pair of Earrings Accession number 1969.2395.2AB