This gold ring with pierced scrollwork shoulders consists of an old mine cut diamond surrounded by nine smaller old mine cut diamonds set in a silver-topped rosette gold mount.
diamond setting and wedding date for first owner
- Associated Building
- Original To Codman House (Lincoln, Mass.). Original to Codman House (Lincoln, Mass.).
- Object type
- Descriptive terms
- 1/2 (W), 3/4 (diameter) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Dorothy S.F.M. Codman
- Exhibition Notes
- "Hidden Treasures from Elegant Eras," Historic Jewelry from the Collections of the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities presented by Shreve, Crump & Low, September 15 - November 30, 1995. "Jewelry at Historic New England," Online exhibit presented by Historic New England launched September 30, 2007 at www.historicnewengland.org/jewelryhistory/.
- Reference Notes
- For more information on the Codman estate see the entire issue of "Old Time New England" 71, no. 258 (1981).