Phi Beta Kappa medal
Silver square Phi Beta Kappa medal with round loop attachment at top.
Front: "S P / SEPTEMBER 5th. / 1781. / S. H. Phillips"
Reverse: " F B K" (Engraved)
- Location of origin
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America, New England
- Associated Building
- Original to Phillips House (Salem, Mass.).
- Object type
- Documentary Artifact
Probably Boston (Suffolk county, Massachusetts)
Probably Massachusetts (United States)
- Descriptive terms
- 1 3/8 x 1 1/8 x 1/8 (HxWxD) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Stephen Phillips Memorial Charitable Trust for Historic Preservation
- Exhibition Notes
- "Jewelry at Historic New England," Online exhibit presented by Historic New England launched September 30, 2007 at www.historicnewengland.org/jewelryhistory/.
- Reference Notes
- For more information on Phi Beta Kappa medals see Fales, Martha Gandy, "Jewelry in America, 1600-1900," (1995): 135-136.