Pair of bracelets
Each of this pair of flexible gold bracelets closes with a tongue and groove clasp secured by a gold cable saftety chain. Each bracelet retains a decorative slide with a loop from which might have hung a charm, now missing. The interior of each clasp is engraved (see Inscriptions). The bracelets are in their original fitted leather case (2006.44.14.2) marked with the name of the retailer. The bracelets themselves are unmarked.
Tiffany & Co. (Retailer)
Bracelet: "Anna P. Peabody from A.P."
Case: "TIFFANY & CO." (Engraved and Embossed)
- Location of origin
- New York, New York
- Associated Building
- Original to Phillips House (Salem, Mass.).
- Object type
New York City (New York state)
New York state (United States)
- Descriptive terms
- 3/4 (W), 2 3/8 (diameter) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of the Stephen Phillips Memorial Charitable Trust for Historic Preservation
- Exhibition Notes
- "Jewelry at Historic New England," Online exhibit presented by Historic New England launched September 30, 2007 at www.historicnewengland.org/jewelryhistory/.
- Reference Notes
- For more information on Tiffany & Co jewelry see Loring, John, "Paulding Farnham, Tiffany's Lost Genius," (2000), "Tiffany," (2003) and "Tiffany Jewels," (1999); Mirabella, Grace, "Tiffany & Co.," (1997); Phillips, Clare, "Bejeweled by Tiffany, 1837-1987," (2006); Zapata, Janet, "The Jewelry and Enamels of Louis Comfort Tiffany," (1993).
- Related Items
Notes Jewelry and related items from the Stephen Phillips House see accession numbers beginning with 2006.44.
Title Case Accession number 2006.44.14.2