Pair of Earrings
Pair of silver circular earrings with textured surface and black enamel Russian letters for Caucasus, four small round circular drops at bottom.
Front: "KABA? Z" Silversmith's mark: "FK" in Cyrillic Hallmark: Town assay mark and "84" (Enamel, Stamped, and Hallmark)
- Location of origin
- Caucasus Region, Russia
- Associated Building
- Original to Codman House (Lincoln, Mass.).
- Object type
- Descriptive terms
- 7/8 in (1); 7/8 in (2) x 5/16 in (1); 5/16 in (2) (WxD) (inches)
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Dorothy S.F.M. Codman
- Exhibition Notes
- "Jewelry at Historic New England," Online exhibit presented by Historic New England launched September 30, 2007 at www.historicnewengland.org/jewelryhistory/.
- Reference Notes
- For more information on the Codman estate see the entire issue of "Old Time New England" 71, no. 258 (1981).