Get a taste of the outdoors with Historic New England
July 15, 2016
Summer is here, and with it come many ways to experience the season at Historic New England.
Get your exercise
- The riverside setting of Hamilton House in South Berwick, Maine, is an ideal spot for Yoga in the Garden, every Sunday through August 28.
- Explore the wooded trails of Casey Farm in Saunderstown, Rhode Island, with a professional herbalist during History and Herb Hikes on Saturday, October 1. The rolling hills surrounding Arnold House in Lincoln, Rhode Island, host similar Saturday hikes on September 10 and October 8.
Eat and drink outdoors
- On Saturday, August 13, Casey Farm's Taste of the Market: Tomato Day is the best way to enjoy the height of Southern Rhode Island agriculture season.
- Enjoy the view of Gloucester Harbor during brunch on the terrace at Beauport, the Sleeper-McCann House, Sunday, August 21.
Don your best Victorian finery
- Roseland Cottage hosts its first-ever Victorian Fair on Saturday, July 23, complete with costumes, fortune-telling, cane fighting, and photo opportunities.
- At Casey Farm, shop for the best local produce at the Coastal Growers' Market every Saturday through October.
- Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm in Newbury, Massachusetts, hosts Vintage Base Ball played with 1880s rules all summer long.
- Catch a classic flick al fresco during Movies at the Mansion, every Thursday in July at the Lyman Estate in Waltham, Massachusetts.
The events listed here are just a sample of what's happening at Historic New England this summer. Check out our Events Calendar for more.
Updated Friday, July 15