Awards and Honors
Historic New England is proud to have received the following awards and honors during FY2011:
- 2010 Massachusetts Historical Commission Preservation Award from Secretary of the Commonwealth William Galvin, given to Historic New England “In celebration of its 100th Anniversary and in recognition of its commitments to historic preservation and public education."
- American Association of State and Local History (AASLH) Award of Merit: At the River's Edge: An Oral History of Berlin, New Hampshire
- Telly Award honoring the very best local, regional, and cable television programs: At the River's Edge: An Oral History of Berlin, New Hampshire
- Green Salem Business Challenge: Honorable Mention, Phillips House. Acknowledges companies using environmentally sustainable practices in Salem, Massachusetts.
- 1,000 Great Places in Massachusetts, selected by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Rocky Hill Meeting House, Amesbury; Otis House Museum, Boston; Cogswell's Grant, Essex; Beauport, Sleeper-McCann House, Gloucester; Codman Estate and Gropius House, Lincoln; Coffin House and Spencer-Peirce-Little Farm, Newbury; Josiah Quincy House, Quincy; Phillips House, Salem; and Lyman Estate, Waltham
- All six New England states issued proclamations celebrating our centennial.