Historic New England is the oldest, largest, and most comprehensive regional heritage organization in the nation. It was founded in 1910 to preserve and present the cultural and architectural heritage of New England, from historic properties to humble necessities, from art and artifacts to gardens and furniture.
- What's New
- Blog updates share the latest news from Historic New England.
- Our Mission
- Read Historic New England's mission statement and learn how we fulfill it.
- Program Areas
- Discover your Historic New England through one of these five program areas: historic properties, collections, preservation services, education, and the library and archives.
- The life and legacy of William Sumner Appleton.
- Preservation Philosophy
- Read about the preservation philosophy that guides the activities of the entire organization.
- Press and Media
- Information on Historic New England in the news, news releases, story ideas, and other resources for the media.
- A list of current career opportunities at Historic New England.
- Volunteers and Interns
- Get close to the past by volunteering or interning at Historic New England.
- Annual Reports
Find yearly highlights, financial information, and donor lists.
- Contact Us
- We would love to hear from you.
- How to reach Historic New England by mail, e-mail, or phone.
- Copyright Statement
- Guidelines for use of material and content on Historic New England's website.
- Policy regarding user privacy and comments.