Historic New England is the oldest, largest, and most comprehensive regional heritage organization in the nation. It was founded in 1910 to preserve and present the cultural and architectural heritage of New England, from historic properties to humble necessities, from art and artifacts to gardens and furniture.
- What's New
- The latest information on Historic New England exhibitions, events, and achievements.
- Our Mission
- Historic New England's mission statement.
- Program Areas
- Discover your Historic New England through one of these five program areas: historic properties, collections, preservation services, education, and the library and archives.
- The life and legacy of William Sumner Appleton.
- Preservation Philosophy
- Read about the preservation philosophy that guides the activities of the entire organization.
- Press and Media
- Information on Historic New England in the news, news releases, story ideas, and other resources for the media.
- A list of jobs, careers, openings, and opportunities at Historic New England.
- Volunteers and Interns
- Get close to the past by volunteering or interning at Historic New England.
- Annual Reports
Find yearly highlights, financial information, and donor lists.
Lists of 100 Years, 100 Communities partners and Affiliate members.
- Contact Us
- We would love to hear from you.
- How to reach Historic New England by mail, e-mail, or phone.
- Copyright Statement
- Guidelines for use of material and content on Historic New England's website.
- Policy regarding user privacy and comments.